With over 40 years of experiences in Real Estate Law, the Laurel, MD office of McCabe, Weisberg & Conway has an immediate opening for a full- time Bankruptcy Attorney. MWC is a fast- paced, mid-sized transactional law firm representing mortgage lenders, banks and financial institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia and Florida. MWC specialize in Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Loss Mitigation, Evictions, REO, Litigation and Title Claims.
The ideal candidate will be a logical and analytical thinker with at least three (3) or more years’ experiences in Real Estate, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy and/or Title Law. Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills. The attorney will handle all aspects of foreclosure litigation. Successful candidates must be admitted to DC bar and VA bar.
- Represent secured creditors, banks, and mortgage services
- Draft various motions and written responses, including motions for summary judgement, motions to dismiss complaints, and orders to show cause.
- Conduct and defend depositions
- Review and address court and attorney correspondence
- Interpret laws, legislation or regulations
- Analyze data, legal questions, and existing evidence or facts
- License in DC, VA, MD
- Minimum of 3 year of foreclosure experience
- Minimum of 3 year of litigation experience
- Complete knowledge of MD, VA, DC motion practice
- Leadership skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work meticulously to ensure quality of work
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and projects.
This is a full-time position with immediately availability.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.