With over 40 years of legal experiences in Real Estate Law, McCabe, Weisberg & Conway, LLC has an immediate opening for a full- time Legal Billing Clerk in our busy MWC offices. MWC is a high volume, fast- paced, multi-office law firm representing Mortgage Lenders, Banks and Financial Institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia and Florida through the Foreclosure and Bankruptcy legal process.
The Legal Billing Clerk is responsible for the preparation and submission of invoices pertaining to default related legal services utilizing various client portals and responding to client inquiries regarding submitted invoices.
- Process interim, milestone, monthly, hold, and closed billing requests in accordance with client requirements
- Confirm required documentation in support of all line items is included
- Upload/submit invoices to the appropriate client portals timely
- Email invoices for clients not utilizing a billing portal
- Litigation, Bankruptcy, Eviction, Senior lien monitoring and Deed-in-Lieu billing
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding invoices in a timely manner
- Analyze client resolution/disputes
Education & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in foreclosure industry
- Familiarity with LoanSphere Invoice Management system; Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a high-volume/fast-paced production environment
- Intermediate knowledge of commonly used business software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Corel WordPerfect; PDF files and electronic documents; Windows operating system and common PC computing tasks.
We are looking for a team member who possesses a strong professional demeanor with specialization in organizational and documentation. The willingness to work meticulously to ensure the quality of work and a self-starter is a must. This is a full-time position, with immediately availability. We invite you to apply to our firm by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. Passing of a background and credit check is a requirement for hire.
Compensation: Non-exempt based on experience + Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401 K and paid time off
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurances, Short Term and Long Term Disabilities
Job location: Positions are located in New Rochelle, NY; Melville, NY ; Philadelphia, PA; or Laurel, MD
Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM with a 30 minute lunch.
This employer does not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.