With over 40 years of legal experiences in Real Estate Law, McCabe, Weisberg & Conway, LLC has an immediate opening for a full- time Legal Assistant in our Laurel, MD office! MWC is a high volume, fast- paced, multi-office law firm representing Mortgage Lenders and Financial Institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia and Florida through the Foreclosure and Bankruptcy legal process. This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door in a thriving law firm!
As a Legal Assistant 1 with MWC, you will work within a team supervised by a Section Lead. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- SCRA/PACER searches to ensure file requirements
- Ordering of Title searches
- File review for compliance standards and quality control
- Data entry
- File research
- Communicating with clients via email and client website
- Assisting other departments when needed
- Assisting with onsite client audits
We are looking for a team member who possesses:
- Minimum of 1 years of administrated experience working within an office environment
- Positive attitude
- Strong professional demeanor
- Specialization in organization
- Willingness to work meticulously to ensure the quality of work
- Self-starter and able to multitask in an office setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurances, 401 K Short Term/ Long Term Disabilities and paid time off + firm paid holidays.
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM with a 30 minute lunch.
This is a full-time position, with immediately availability. We invite you to apply to our firm by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. Passing of a background, credit check and drug test is a requirement for hire.
This employer does not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.