Deputy Systems Engineer - Viper
- May 20, 2023
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Systems Engineer - Viper to join our team with JETS II Teammate company, Mb Solutions. The Deputy Systems Engineer - Viper will:
- Maintain a log of open items between Astrobotic and VIPER for close out
- Check and signoff RRM harness drawings
- MBR meeting support
- Analyze the grounding between rover and lander to meet EMI/EMC requirements - Power ICD verification
- Review ICDs, performance specs and drawings to resolve issues
- Perform other duties as required Qualifications
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents and verification plans. For example, at Johnson Space Center these documents are called PTRS (Project Technical Requirements Specification), Verification and Validation documents (V&VD), and ICD (Interface Control Document)
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including functional requirements and verification success criteria
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space power systems.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design software and tools
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Experience working in a team environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including SharePoint
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience within the power engineering and systems engineering fields
- Prefer aerospace or electrical engineering degree
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification a plus
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and SharePoint sites
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art requirements management and model-based systems engineering tools
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering draw
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?