Mb Staffing Services is seeking the support of a Civil Design Engineer to support our client in the District of Columbia.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in this role, and a willingness to gain experience through this entry level position.
This candidate would have some working knowledge of the following listed below.
- Complete design tasks on watermain replacement and sewer rehabilitation projects managed by others (field visits to verify asset information, construction access, layout alignment in AutoCAD Civil 3D, etc).
- Perform project management tasks with guidance from projects managers (create work plan, quality plan, project schedule, etc)
- Write project specifications
- Perform drafting work in AutoCAD Civil 3D – in compliance with DC Water’s new CAD Manual – including redlines and design work.
- Create Traffic Control Plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D and RapidPlan
- Attend construction meeting and generally observe construction (site visits, not inspection work).
The experience level is entry level – need not have a previous engineering job. Most successful candidates for this position have graduated within the last 12 months or are about to graduate within a couple months.
Must have a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from a ABET accredited university. Past successful candidates have degrees from Howard, Morgan State, George Mason, Maryland, VA Tech – and others.
Must be able to open a manhole lid and enter confined spaces (we will provide any confined space training and certifications when needed).
For COVID: Must have the ability to work productively from home (or other suitable work site), including all IT, computer, hardware, etc. We will provide the computer however the employee will have to have sufficient technology/skills to dial in from a personal computer using the Remote Desktop App.
Mb Staffing Services LLC
Why Work Here?In an era of constant workforce changes, Mb Staffing Services offers something you can count on: The perfect fit! We continue this with a seamless transition. We listen intently. We think strategically. And we act methodically. We respond with speed and an eye to the future! We are a precision placement, results-oriented firm serving a full spectrum of industries and staffing needs.
Awesome CEO, great benefits and cool place to work!