Mb Staffing Services is one of the fastest growing providers of staffing services in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area. We bring unmatched creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake. Mb Staffing Services is currently seeking a Community Health Worker/Case Manager. This position generally takes place in an office environment during regular business hours.
· Provides coordination of Care and Services to high risk women who are pregnant or intending to become pregnant to improve birth outcomes.
· Documents all client encounters and contacts made on behalf of client; maintains comprehensive electronic client files, which include client notes, release of information, assessments, and other medical documents acquired on behalf of the client. Documents activities, service plans, and outcomes achieved by client in an effective manner.
· Makes appointments and coordinate referrals; Provides support and advocacy during initial medical visit or when necessary to assure clients’ medical needs and referrals required are being conveyed. Follows up with both clients and providers regarding health/social services plans.
· Assists patient in understanding care plans and instructions. Motivates patients/clients to be active and engaged participants in their health and overall well-being.
· Facilitates client access to community resources, including locating housing, food, clothing, prenatal classes, parenting, and providers to teach life skills, and relevant mental health services. Assists clients in utilizing community services, including scheduling appointments with social services agencies and assisting with completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible.
· Submits comprehensive and accurate reports in a timely manner.
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description but which fall within the general occupational category and responsibility level typically associated with the class work.
· Maintain discretion in matters of confidentiality.
· Must have a degree in Social Work, Psychology, or similar applicable degree.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team structure.
· Excellent problem solving/analytical abilities to independently resolve a variety of routine and complex issues
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient with navigation of various online tools and technology and use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential material
Mb Staffing Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. Mb Staffing prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mb Staffing Services LLC
Why Work Here?In an era of constant workforce changes, Mb Staffing Services offers something you can count on: The perfect fit! We continue this with a seamless transition. We listen intently. We think strategically. And we act methodically. We respond with speed and an eye to the future! We are a precision placement, results-oriented firm serving a full spectrum of industries and staffing needs.
Awesome CEO, great benefits and cool place to work!