Estimator Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FLSA/Comps Status: Salary
Department: Structural Division
Job Title: Estimator/Project Manager
Location: Grand Junction, CO NO REMOTE WORK
EPA Factors: (1) Seniority (2) Merit (3) Experience
General Purpose of Position: estimating, project management, trainee in general company operations.
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Estimate projects requiring structural concrete. All bidding information to be submitted timely for review, analysis and markup. These projects would either be assigned or pre-approved for bidding.
2. Will sometimes take over the tasks of project administration for larger projects under a project manager.
3. Full responsibility of project management including scheduling and sequencing, internal and external coordination, problem solving, productivity/quality/job cost monitoring, etc.
General Job Duties:
Estimating and Project Management Tasks
1. Develop takeoffs and estimates.
2. Prepare routine proposals.
3. Document and price change orders.
4. Secure plans for projects and update plans for the field.
5. Order materials and follow up on orders.
6. Prepare monthly billings.
7. Maintain good customer relations.
8. Solicit subcontractor estimates.
9. Write and administer subcontracts.
10. Maintain good subcontractor relations.
11. Coordinate with foreman and answer technical questions on the plans.
12. Perform value engineering.
13. Assure quality control.
14. Schedule punch list work to completion and follow up.
15. Read, understand and negotiate contract terms with general contract or owner.
16. Attend project meetings as required.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
General Business Tasks
1. Assist in planning and providing employee training, as required.
2. Assist in planning and producing master schedule.
3. Fill in for division manager, as required for meetings, scheduling, etc.
1. Minimum Education and Experience: degree in construction management or related field, 5 years construction experience.
2. Minimum Required Skills, Ability, Licensing, Certification, Training, etc.: Must be proficient in written and verbal communication, math and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, estimating and scheduling software and customer relations. Must be highly organized, task master, ability to immediately assume estimating and project administration duties.
3. Tools, Equipment, or Machines Required to Operate: general office equipment, computer, calculator, laser, transit.
4. Testing Requirements: none.
5. Physical Requirements:
a. General: ability to handle stressful situations. Willingness to work long hours to insure completion of bids and other work. Ability to walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools, reach with hands and arms, talk, listen, hear, read, type, see, lift, bend, climb ladders.
b. Lifting: up to 50# occasionally.
c. Exposure to Elements: possible inclement weather when visiting job sites; walking up and down steep slopes or on slick surfaces in slippery conditions.
d. Handling of Dangerous Equipment: working around heavy equipment when visiting job sites.
e. Other Hazardous Working Conditions: minimal.
f. Scheduled Work Hours: normal working hours 7 – 5:00 pm.
Judgment/Decision Making: positive attitude and energetic, must be decisive yet sensitive to customer needs, ability to calculate and answer quickly and under fire, organized and orderly, very efficient and timely.
1. Position Receives Direction From: Structural Division Manager.
2. Position Directs: Project superintendents as full project management capability is attained.
Mays Concrete, Inc.
2399 Riverside ParkwayGrand Junction, CO
Get fresh Construction Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.