JOB TITLE: IT Network and Computer Systems Administrator
We are looking for a responsible, dynamic and self-motivated IT Network and Computer Systems Administrator to maintain the Information Systems (IS) consisting of heterogeneous hardware and software. The responsibilities include installation, configuration, and monitoring of ISs and templates for compliance. Successful candidate should be knowledgeable of information technology security principles with the ability to quickly learn new software packages. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will not only satisfy the items identified below but this individual must also have a strong customer focus, positive attitude, and the gift to deliver exceptional customer service to the organization. This position reports to the IT Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the System Security Plans (SSP).
- Verifying the implementation of delegated aspects of the Information System security program.
- Ensuring all proper account management documentation is completed prior to adding/deleting IS accounts.
- Verifying all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Conducting periodic assessments of authorized ISs and providing corrective actions for all identified findings and vulnerabilities to management.
- Ensuring audit records are collected and analyzed in accordance with the SSP.
- Reporting all security-related incidents to management.
- Monitoring system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly.
- Formally notifying management of any changes to an IS that could affect authorization.
- Serving as a member of the CCB (Configuration Control Board) within scope of the SSP
- Possessing sufficient experience and technical competence commensurate with the complexity of the ISs.
- Completing the required training identified by management within one year of appointment.
- Ensuring user activity monitoring data is analyzed, stored and protected in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Performing network and security reviews across a variety of network security technologies.
- Working with security and technology teams to ensure effective controls and policy compliance.
- Creating and maintaining rulesets and policies for on premise firewalls, endpoint firewalls, and access control lists (ACLs).
- Ability to effectively participate in data governance and risk compliance plans.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose, identify, and resolve problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Science with a minimum of five years of IT experience as a Network and Systems Administrator in Windows/Linux, Server Hardware, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless, Backup Software, SSL Certificates, Printing, and Workstations. Hands-on experience with these types of systems is a must.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- CompTIA A+/Server+/Network+/Security+, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, certifications desired to handle controlled information
- Troubleshooting and problem solving - Ability to Determine root cause and the skills to resolve the issue
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written documentation
- Build and maintain strong business relationships – Practice open and honest communications, respect others opinion and position while working toward a common objective
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Time Management - Managing one's own time efficiently
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively and professionally
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Oral and written Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and have ability to multi-task under pressure.