Maxygen is a biotechnology company located in Sunnyvale, CA providing services in molecular biology and directed evolution. We are searching for enthusiastic and hands-on individuals to fill the roles of molecular biology Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist in a dynamic startup environment.
You will be responsible for executing client projects from conception to completion, in collaboration with other members of the Team, and producing high quality documentation in accordance with Company practice. You may be involved in interactions with clients in designing and reporting on the progress of individual projects. Managing multiple projects in parallel will be a common occurrence. As you gain experience with Maxygen’s core technology, you will be expected to develop improvements and new methods. You will also contribute to refining company processes for all aspects of our laboratory operation.
To be considered for a position at Maxygen, you must have extensive experience in performing and troubleshooting recombinant DNA techniques (DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR/qPCR, mutagenesis, library creation, enzymatic assays, molecular cloning, Sanger and NGS DNA sequencing). Your cover letter and/or resume should highlight examples of your accomplishments in past work, not just training (education) and experience (positions held). Please describe your organizational skills, your ability to work productively both independently and in a group, and your experience in managing others.
Successful candidates must have the ability to adapt in a fast moving and collaborative environment. In addition, you should be highly goal- and detail-oriented and able to respond to shifting demands and priorities. Talented individuals will have an opportunity for increased responsibility and career growth within the organization. Experience working in the biotech industry is a major positive factor.
- Master’s degree or higher in molecular biology or related field
- At least 5+ years of experience using molecular biology techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to meet objectives
- Ability to effectively multi-task and parallel-process tasks across different work flows
- Aptitude for independently solving problems and strategically troubleshooting experiments
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a commitment to quality
- Additional desired experience: Structural biology, yeast genetics/molecular biology, directed evolution, protein engineering, HTP screening
Applicant must also be able to satisfy the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, which requires documents to prove applicant's identity and demonstrate that applicant is authorized to work in the U.S., and be able to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (Form I-9). Additionally, applicant has not been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors which would disqualify applicant from employment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com citing the reference MX-2020-17.