Reporting directly to the President, this position offers you the opportunity to join a fast-paced organization and make an immediate impact. The Financial Controller is directly responsible for the financial health of the organization, the success of its operations, and strategic financial planning. This individual will provide financial leadership by managing budgets, overseeing all accounting functions, conducting forecast analysis and advising on tax matters. This position shall also play a key role in long-term strategic decision-making processes that affect the organization's profitability. The Financial Controller will be responsible for contributing to the successful operation of Maxwell and providing regular reports on the organization's progress to the President. As a member of the Senior Management Team, this role shall participate in the development of Maxwell’s priorities and objectives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop cost budgets for all operational aspects of the organization; manage project budgets, forecasts, and long-term strategic plans.
- Auditing of monthly / quarterly financial statements
- Monitor legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to financial reporting and operations.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with Federal, Provincial and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Analyze variable costs and make budget adjustments as appropriate.
- Facilitate and oversee any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing activities.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term financial plans and forecasts.
- Provide general counsel to the President on all business and financial matters.
- Identify and analyze information to give early warning of potential problems and recommend corrective action.
- Maintain accounts and relations with bankers
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all accounts (bank and brokerage accounts)
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization's books of account
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- CPA/CMA/CGA designation is required
- 15 years of experience in financial management
- Experience in Digitalization of accounting and administrative processes would be an asset
- Extensive, experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management
- Working knowledge of integration with different accounting software’s– CRM & Great Plains
- Experience in auditing an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Quick-books and Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
Travel may be required.
Extensive work using computer and telephone.
Responsibilities may include evening and weekend work in response to needs of the customers and systems being reported.
We offer a competitive base salary, commission and benefits
Maxwell Merchant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer