Here’s the Deal:
Looking to become part of a team of hungry, humble and (people) smart IT professionals? Excellent! We have a great opportunity available right now for an individual with the right technical expertise, personal drive and people skills to help our clients create secure and successful technology platforms.
Maxwell IT is a managed security and services provider (MSSP) with offices in Seattle and Portland that services clients throughout the Pacific Northwest. We offer a full range of managed IT services, private cloud hosting and NIST/PCI DSS/HIPAA security compliance solutions to clients in the healthcare, manufacturing and professional service industries.
Resilience, humility and integrity – this is what we stand for. Our team is a collaborative and nimble mix of engineers and project managers, dedicated to meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality our clients deserve. We see professional development, mentorship, certification training and career path development as key factors to our – and your – success.
If these words resonate with you, you may be the person we are looking for.
In this position, you will be responsible for acting as first line of Service Desk support, handling both customer- and monitoring-generated issues. This position will be a member of a team of support professionals who interact daily with clients seeking technical support and expertise. Under the leadership team mentorship, you will assist in the planning, coordination, scheduling and prioritization of network systems tickets/projects ranging from basic to complex. You will help collaborate, design, document and train the IT Team on best practice procedures for Service Delivery. This is a great entry level position into a project manager, vCIO or leadership career path.
· Manage the service delivery team’s daily schedule and priorities as well as the dispatch process of service requests
· Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively
· Provide accurate reports and metrics to company management on the status and budget of on-going projects and agreements
· Design and maintain process documentation for the service delivery team
· Responsible for service scheduling, dispatch and escalation
· Active role in daily management of all services calls
· Ensure quality and profitable services are performed to the agreed SLA
· Meet with IT Service Manager/Engineers during 1:1 meetings to recommend, review and prioritize projects and daily ticket work.
· Provide first level customer services related to support services.
· Review and close tickets/projects.
· Confirm necessary ticket documentation has been entered prior to dispatching.
· Coordinates recurring education and training by managing the team meeting schedule and developing it with the IT Service Manager
What We Look For:
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently in a collaborative, team setting
· High level of confidence – low level of ego
· Eagerness to learn project management skills and build professional skills
· Excellent people skills; the ability to show empathy and be a good listener
· Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge and Expertise:
· One to three years of related experience in the technology industry, preferably working for a Service Desk department or a Managed Services Provider (MSP)
· Understanding of the basic principles, methods and techniques used in network administration and support
·· Must be able to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship and be able to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screening
Technical Certifications / Ongoing Training:
ITIL, Project+, A+, Network+, Security+ , or MCP are desired. Please share with us the certifications you have, as well as those you are interested in achieving. We incorporate annual certifications into our career development plans.
We are looking for candidates who possess an AA, BA or BS degree, and/or is in the process of completing college. Specialization in information technology or equivalent is preferred.
Our solution stack includes the following cutting-edge technologies:
· MS Office 365
· Windows 10
· MS SQL
· MS Azure
· ConnectWise PSA Suite
· IT Glue
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation and benefits program that includes:
· Flex time
· Part-time telecommute program
· Quarterly bonus plan
· Regular performance reviews
· Medical, dental and vision coverage
· 401(k) with employer match
· Three weeks of paid time off earned in the first year
· Nine paid holidays
· Cell phone reimbursement
· Reimbursement for initial certification exams/materials
· Employee tuition assistant program
· Free parking
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter and three references