Lead Business Analyst
Maxonic Palo Alto, CA
- Expired: 13 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Employment Type: Contract
Job title: Lead Business Analyst for Business Intelligence & Analytics
Job location: Remote (ideally PST)
Duration : 1 year (potential to extend to 18 months)
Job Description: Lead Business Analyst Business Intelligence (Lead BA BI)
Lead BA BI should have data analysis skills and hands-on experience on BI/Visualization tools and data warehouse concepts. Candidate should also have relevant experience working as a PM across the end-to-end BI Project lifecycle; including, but not limited to the following: requirement gathering, dashboard and report design validation, partnering with IT to design and review technical solutions, coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT), stakeholder management and drive issues to closure.
• Support end-to-end Business Intelligence lifecycle development processes as needed; which includes, but is not limited to capture business requirement definitions (BRD), create functional
requirement definitions (FRD), technical design documents (TDD), user stories and run user acceptance testing (UAT)
• Direct engagement with business stakeholders and other project team members
• Provide input to BI development team on requirements
• Develop dashboards, reports, visualizations to answer business questions
• Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization.
• Apply best practices to design and development, ensure quality, consistency, usability, and reliability of dashboards
• Oversight and project manage BI related tasks within the project such as providing status reports, lead BI requirement gathering sessions, user stories, team coordination and UAT activities
• Collaborate with and manage expectations of stakeholders across multiple functions
• Ability to communicate complex ideas verbally and through documentation
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a lead business analyst, project, or program manager, and/or solutions implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
• Between 3 to 5 years of project and/or product management for IT solutions.
• Between 3 to 5 years of experience as business analyst, requirements development, and/or solutions implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
• Between 2 to 3 years of experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
• Between 2 to 3 years of technical knowledge and experience working with industry leading BI tools such as SAP-BO, Tableau, or any other similar tool (Proven Tableau knowledge is a must)
• Experience working with data warehouses and their architecture is a must
• Proficiency on standard SQL (PostgreSQL or SAP-HANA highly desirable)
• Business process knowledge in CRM and Sales Management – Salesforce is highly desirable.
• Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present findings to peers and team leads/managers and to business stakeholders as needed
• Ability to engage with business teams directly
• Manage requirements, create specifications
• Ability to handle multiple projects task simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
• Understanding of the primary business functions in a Software organization, such as Sales, Professional Services, Renewals, Customer Advocacy, or Global Support. Implementation of Business
Intelligence solutions for these areas.
• Experience working in virtual environments with team members spread across multiple time zones.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Great presentation skills
• Resilient and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and adaptable to fast-changing environment/objectives
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in working with APJ and AMER based teams is a plus
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
MaxonicWhy Work Here?
Our focus is to ensure your success, providing you with customized support in order to give wings to your career aspirations.
About Maxonic: Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
AddressPalo Alto, CA