Job Title: IT M&A Project Analyst
Employment Type: Contract
Location: US - Needham, MA
Duration: 12 months+
Title: IT M&A Project Analyst
The IT PMO Organization in Pharmaceutical Services IT seeks an IT Project Analyst to assist the applications integration program lead who oversees several application integration work-streams. Under the direction of the IT PMO Director and oversight by the Program Lead, he or she will prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports, and conduct analyses to make recommendations to support the successful execution of the project work-streams, and spend against plan. The role will help senior management make critical decisions about project investment funding, project expense management. The candidate will manage the administrative activities supporting these work-streams, including documentation and content management, meetings, agendas, and other supporting logistics.
- Gather and organize project status data from all relevant work-streams
- Compile and analyze project reports and find discrepancies that require senior management’s attention
- Prepare project financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective project execution adjustments
- Assist project managers with day-to-day activities related to purchase orders, requisitions, accruals, contract closeout activities, risks, issues, and status reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience working in, or in coordination with finance and/or accounting groups
- Experience working with several financial management systems (e.g. Oracle Hyperion HFM, Hyperion Planning, SAP)
- Excellent knowledge of project management methodologies as it applies to project finances
- Experience in reviewing and communicating the financial performance of projects
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business preferred
- Proven track record of working with large groups or teams to implement changes resulting from project financial analysis
- Certificates as a CPA and/or Project Management Professional desired, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work with IT project managers, program managers, and director-level IT leaders, as well as business partners participating in project execution
- Experience with at least one company that does regular mergers and acquisitions activity.