Maxonic Tewksbury, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Employment Type: Contract
Job title: Buyer
Job location: Tewksbury, Massachusetts 01876
Duration : 12 months.
Pay rate - $35/hr on W2
• This job is a shared role for taking on tasks required due to capacity of the direct product line planners and buyers. Designed to be a flex role to be able to jump in and assist as surge requirements present themselves or back-up for existing staff.
• Analytical tasks utilizing the ERP and Business data in support of the Materials group will be expected.
• Executing Buyer tasks such as PO generation, MRP message actions, RTV transactions, expediting with suppliers and projects focused on OTD, process improvements and inventory actions.
• Checks production readiness and material availability to enable execution of the detailed Manufacturing/ Packaging (MFG / PKG) schedule and initiate related actions if necessary. Coordinates short-term MFG / PKG planning problems.
• Schedules planned production to the production lines (incl. maintenance, development blocks).
• Communicates detailed MFG / PKG schedule to relevant stakeholders.
• Prepares process work orders aligned w/ detailed MFG / PKG schedule and based on approved Bill of Materials (BOM).
• Hands over, in a timely manner, work orders and related instructions to Production.
• Updates delivery, work order and scheduling metrics and participate in daily tier meetings with stakeholders.
• Accountable metrics are OTD (on time delivery), Work order completion rate, inventory metrics and customer satisfaction.
• Follows up and resolves barriers for work orders not completed on time.
• Manages out of plant work orders and service shipments for the service depot.
• Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
• Experience working in ERP platforms, Strong Excel data analysis tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or Computer Science, Economics, Business Analytics or other quantitative majors is required.
• High School Diploma or GED is required
• Hours are flexible start time can be as early as 6:30 but no later than 8:00. 40 hour week
Preferably 1-2 years minimum in a Planner/Buyer role.
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
MaxonicWhy Work Here?
Our focus is to ensure your success, providing you with customized support in order to give wings to your career aspirations.
About Maxonic: Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.