Maximus is a mission-driven consumer health company that provides men with content, community, and clinical support to optimize them in mind and body. Maximus has raised $5M from top Silicon Valley VCs such as Founders Fund and 8VC as well as leading angel investors/operators from companies like Bulletproof, Tinder, Coinbase, Daily Stoic, & Shopify.
Maximus is looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to be the voice of our brand online. We are looking for a community champion who will help us connect with our users and fans on all forms of social media and a media mastermind who can help produce high quality images, videos, and podcasts to engage our audience and foster the positive community of men that we aim to build.
PLEASE NOTE: Culture is key at Maximus, so we get to know candidates holistically through this questionnaire: https://forms.gle/7AMbWsGWQ8Ka9Yms5. There are no right or wrong answers, so complete as honestly and intuitively as possible, otherwise your profile will be uninterpretable. The questionnaire is optional to submit now with your application, but candidates that do so will get priority review. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have completed it.
- Develop Maximus’s social media strategy and execute on it relentlessly to ensure that the right message reaches the right audience and emotionally resonates with them.
- Craft original copy/content/responses for social posts & stories that are aligned with Maximus’s brand and marketing goals that provide genuine connection and dynamic presence with our users, followers, and the broader world.
- Analyze social media and engagement metrics to further refine our strategy and help other company functions understand market response to company initiatives.
- Lead Maximus’s content creation efforts, in coordination with other functions (i.e. product, support, operations, marketing, etc.) to make sure created content matches in voice and supports major launches and initiatives.
- Podcast: Run Maximus’ podcast from end-to-end, via audio/video recording, including scheduling/coordinating guests, conducting editing/production, and promoting on social media.
- Photography/Videography: Coordinate production of photographic/video content for social media.
- Content Calendar: create an ambitious schedule that matches Maximus’s public-facing initiatives and makes sure that Maximus is generating a steady stream of high quality content.
- Manage a thriving community for Maximus users and followers so that Maximus can better achieve its goal to help men everywhere be better men.
- Administer forums and groups for our users and followers to connect with the company and with each other (via Facebook, Reddit, & Discord).
- Create/enforce community guidelines, and interact/answer questions with users to add clear value and encourage a positive community in line with company values.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Social Media and/or Community Management: 3+ years of experience working in social media or community management for a consumer-facing brand
- Audio/Visual Production Skills: Prior experience with using photography / sound editing / videography / production to “level up” social posts, blogs, podcasts, etc. Plus if you know how to autotune audio!
- Writing/Communication: Demonstrated strength in communication skills (especially writing) especially as it pertains to social media and content marketing.
- High Empathy: active listening and understanding of how other people feel, even when they’re acting out emotionally, comes naturally to you. You are the type of person who others seek out because you make them feel heard and understood, without judgement.
- Up to Date with the Internet: You know how fast the Internet can move, how quickly new apps, channels, and memes come and go, and you quickly adapt.
- Highly Conscientious: highly effective, organized, dutiful, self-disciplined, and careful. You are the type of person who used multiple colors of highlighters, and everyone wanted to borrow notes from. You never forget a task, execute it flawlessly, and are as reliable as clockwork.
- Relentlessly Resourceful: highly proactive, does not quit, and finds innovative solutions with little guidance. Bias for action and ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Passion for Men’s Health & Development: interest in helping men develop a healthy masculinity. Demonstrates personal dedication and interest in health optimization (e.g. diet, exercise, sleep, focus, and relationships).
Maximus is an equal opportunity employer, which not only includes standard protected categories, but the additional freedom from discrimination against your free speech and beliefs, as long as they are aligned with company values. We celebrate intellectual diversity.
Why Work Here?Maximus is a consumer health company that helps men optimize mind and body with content, community, and clinical support. Maximus has raised $5M from top Silicon Valley VCs such as Founders Fund and 8VC as well as leading angel investors/operators from companies like Bulletproof, Tinder, Coinbase, Daily Stoic, & Shopify.
1) Top CEO (previous company is worth $600M) 2) Top Investors (Founders Fund & 8VC) 3) Telemedicine is the hottest sector right now.