Senior Technical Writer
- $62,500 to $115,000 Yearly
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Maximus is seeking a Senior Technical Writer. Our team is helping to secure and protect the Nation's critical infrastructure resilience, so come join us in our largest cybersecurity and resilience communications, digital and creative efforts to date.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will create cyber-intelligence tools / methods and perform research and analysis to mitigate and eliminate data and cyber security risks. You will define security objectives and system-level performance requirements. Research and stay abreast of tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities. Develop acceptance criteria for cybersecurity architecture. Configure and validate secure systems, test security tools and systems to detect computer and information security weakness. Areas of focus include encryption, authentication, identity and access management, reverse engineering, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, cyber forensics, intrusion detection and incident response and remediation.
What You Will Do:
• Write documents and deliverables for a cybersecurity related organization.
• Work with creatives and cybersecurity experts to draft technical documents
and communication deliverables.
• Provide professional technical writing and editing services on materials
such as informational products, presentations, press releases, reports, etc.,
while complying with DHS style guides and quality control measures.
• Provide authoring for SOPs, reports, slick sheets, presentations, social
media messaging, and other materials as requested.
• Research highly technical information and gather input from cybersecurity
• Coordinate stakeholder input, fact-checking, and integration of written text
and graphic design.
• Prepare, design and publish documents and media that are distributed to a
large government, national and international user-base.
• Support the development of targeted and strategic communications
collateral (e.g., Annual Reports, monthly operational newsletters).
• Must possess an active Top Secret clearance.
• 5+ years of experience in technical writing.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing,
or related field.
• This position is a hybrid position, some on-site work is required. Candidates
must be able to commute to the on-site location in Arlington, VA.
• Experience writing cybersecurity documents and publications.
• Knowledge of policy, current events and issues impacting critical
• Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and
• Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under
minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Maximus TCS (Technology and Consulting Services) Internal Job Profile Code: TCS225, P3, Band 6
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.
Maximus Services, LLCArlington, VA
EducationView All Maximus Services, LLC Jobs
Get fresh Senior Technical Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.