Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking aSocial Worker. The Social Worker, whopossesses a Baccalaureate degree (BSW) or Masters in Social Work, who in collaborationwith the multi-disciplinary team, has input in the development of the plan ofcare for those patients requiring social work intervention. Provides medically necessaryintervention to patients who have social or emotional problems which are or areexpected to be an impediment to the effective treatment of the patient'smedical condition and/or rate of recovery. Additionally, provides theseservices in accordance with physician's orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides medically necessary socialwork intervention in accordance with physician's orders.
- Assesses patient's psycho-social needs,plans for, evaluates and modifies interventions to meet the established patient goals.
- Collaborates with all disciplines toplan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Facilitates patient referrals tocommunity agencies when appropriate.
- Provides financial counseling whennecessary to achieve the treatment goals established by the multidisciplinary.
- Assists patient/family/caregivers inplanning for present and future psycho-social needs as related to the patient's current status and prognosisincluding terminal illness.
- Adheres to all Maxim policies andprocedures while providing services to patients.
- Adheres to all Maxim expectations withregards to preparation and submission of required paperwork.
- Observes and reports patient progressand/or changes in patient status to physician and appropriate multi-disciplinary team members.
- May be asked to participate inMulti-disciplinary Patient Care Conference, PI Committees, Professional Advisory Board and Maxim in-servicesprograms.
- Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree in Social Work (BSW) or Masters Degree from aschool of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of social work experience in a health careenvironment in the last two years preferred
- Current health certificate(as applicable by state regulation and/orclient requirement)
- Current PPD/TB or chest x-ray (as applicable by state regulation and/orclient requirement)
- Current BLS/CPR certification (Telephonic MSW only as applicable perstate regulation and/or client requirement)
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and fromappropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strongcommunication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs