- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care in a psychiatric facility setting.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4)JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or chest X-Ray.
- One year prior Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) nursing experience in a psychiatric acute care hospital or its equivalent preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the RN practices with a score of 80% or greater.
- Maxim background screening.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for 30 years. We offer services including
home healthcare, behavioral care, healthcare staffing, personal caregiving, and population
health and wellness. Our commitment to compassionate patient care and staffing world-class
professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare