The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) will provide inmates with routine and emergency health care in the Medical Section of a Corrections Facility and will conduct health histories on inmates. When necessary, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) ensures all medication is administered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority. Also, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) determines the need for emergency hospital care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- One year of full-time experience providing hands-on health care. Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) experience preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer