- Assists patient with personal hygiene including but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, toilet training, and feeding.
- Responds efficiently and appropriately to the individual priorities of the patient.
- Uses positive and constructive interventions to direct and supervise patient during work, meals, recreational and leisure activities.
- Socializes and participates with patient in activities such as playing games and watching television.
- Assesses and records patient’s vital signs according to facility policy.
- Carries out and monitors all treatments, programs and procedures necessary to provide care based on individualized needs of the patient.
- Documents clear and concise entries of incidents and observations.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with nursing and medical staff as well as the patient’s family.
- Communicates effectively with nursing and medical staff and/or patient’s family about patient’s condition, any change in status and any problems.
- Accompanies patients to treatments or other areas in facility or to social activities away from the facility and communicates all problems to nursing and medical staff and/or patient’s family immediately upon return to the facility/home.
- Closely monitors the location and activity of assigned patients.
- Assists other staff with serving meals to patients.
- Makes patient’s bed and maintains order in patient’s personal environment.
- Follows facility policy regarding restraints and managing aggressive behavior.
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity for each patient’s individuality, preferences, and their culture/ethnic diversity.
- Promotes and protects each patient’s rights, privacy and confidentiality.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to accomplish goals and tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant program with subsequent documentation as a Certified Nursing Assistant per state requirements with proof of verification as being an active certification.
- Additional education, training, and/or certification may vary depending on the state and facility
- Prefer one (1) year within the last three (3) years working with emotionally disturbed, developmentally disabled, mentally ill and/or brain injured children, adolescents or adults in an acute care setting.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and clerical functions.
- Current health certificate (per facility contract, or state regulation).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS Card.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Good telephone communication skills.
- Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
in the lives of our employees, caregivers and patients for 30 years. We offer services including
home healthcare, behavioral care, healthcare staffing, personal caregiving, and population
health and wellness. Our commitment to compassionate patient care and staffing world-class
professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare