Maxim Healthcare Services is hiring for a Psychologist for a federal client to demonstrate professional knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of theories, principles, and methodologies of the practice of Psychology; to a wide range of populations. The Psychologist is an independent practitioner who plans, conducts and coordinates all aspects of diagnostic assessment, evaluations and therapeutic interventions. Services would take place at Holloman Air Force Base near Alamogordo, NM.
· Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
· Rewarding experience in public service for your country
· Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
- Conducts, plans, and coordinates all clinical and administrative aspects of a full range of services associated with contemporary Psychology practice.
- Reviews patient histories and social work evaluations and completes patient interviews.
- Completes independent diagnostic assessment and evaluation of cases referred for Psychology services without limitation as to difficulty or complexity and is completely accountable for adequacy of the assessment.
- Cooperates in formulating diagnostic and clinical judgments.
- Assesses patient condition from close observation and consults with other members of the healthcare team.
- Utilizes all diagnostic and evaluative procedures and techniques consistent with contemporary Psychology practices.
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and monitors the effectiveness and clinical outcomes of patient-centered treatment and rehabilitative services.
- Develops and implements an effective and comprehensive treatment plan of care in collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
- Establishes and maintains effective therapy based on relationship with patient.
- Adjusts treatment plan based on patient response and progress.
- Uses a Biopsychosocial paradigm to evaluate mental status, formulate diagnosis(s) and develop a detailed treatment plan.
- Offers patient other therapeutic interventions as necessary including but not limited to, crisis intervention and referral for psychiatric hospitalization, behavior modification therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, family and marital therapy, and drug therapy.
- Participates in service and department peer review.
- Works in all healthcare disciplines to coordinate evaluations, treatment planning and referrals.
- Documents according to facility policy.
- Other Psychologist duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited college or university with a curriculum in Psychology approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and transcripts must be included with application.
- Completion of an APA accredited internship under a licensed Psychologist
- Current valid unrestricted license to practice in the specialty of Psychology
- Certified documentation of education, training and license per Psychologist contract requirement.
- Documentation of experience per Psychologist contract requirement.
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Maxim screening exam(s) with a passing score of 80% or greater.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Gene Manko at (410) 910-2079 or email your resume to email@example.com!
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs