Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager is responsible for the overall development and execution of the marketing and business development strategy consistent with the focus and goals of the organization for a specific geographic area. The Business Development Manager is held accountable to federal, state, local programs and contracts, accrediting bodies and Maxim requirements. Where applicable or required by state regulations the Business Development Manager may also act as the Administrator.
The strategy should be consistent with the focus and goals of the organization, and it is the Business Development Manager’s responsibility to analyze opportunities in a specific geographic area and develop a customized business plan to maximize potential referrals. The marketing and business development strategy should encompass developing relationships and educating a multitude of referral sources and payors within the healthcare continuum on the services offered by the organization. These referral sources include, but are not limited to, various healthcare facilities, area healthcare programs, local insurance payors, physician groups, and case management groups.
The Business Development Manager manages with an entrepreneurial mindset and develops a strategy to increase the organization's visibility within the community and with various trade associations. The Business Development Manager is responsible for building, developing and executing an effective recruitment strategy and participates in the development and growth of the Recruiters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a comprehensive marketing and business development strategy for a specific geographic area based on the business potential of the area, needs of the community, and the capability of the local office. This responsibility includes development of a business plan and potential referral opportunities in the area
- Collaborates with the Clinical and Operational team to have understanding of customers and processes in assigned area in order to educate and answer questions regarding available services
- Spends 80% of time engaging with customers in-person to educate on the services, features, and benefits of the company as a healthcare provider
- Develops a minimum of 10 pursuit plan target accounts per year with a targeted annual spread
- Manages existing account relationships and acts as consultant to build relationship depth with current customers within assigned business area
- Analyzes needs of customer to create customized proposal
- Delivers exceptional customer service to customers, patients, and family members especially in the context of troubleshooting and resolving conflicts
- Collaborates with the Director of Business Operations to understand and champion office capabilities and attributes during marketing and business development appointments
- Aligns marketing and business development strategy with Director of Business Operations’ business strategy and vision
- Achieve budgeted financial targets of assigned area
- Responsible for accurate completion of all required reports and activity tracking to achieve company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Educates customers on the various business lines of the organization, promotes One Maxim, and maintains account collaboration with office counterparts
- Interviews, hires, leads develops and manages the performance of the recruiting team, and in collaboration with the Director of Business Operations, ensures the recruiting strategy is developed, implemented, and executed by recruiting team
- Conducts daily Red Zone meeting with the recruiting team
- Actively communicates business opportunities with regional and national team and continuously seeks to improve business development processes
- Maintains an understanding of federal and state laws and Healthcare Reform affecting the organization’s business and educates customers and the office as to the impact of these matters in the business
- Accountable to federal, state, local programs and contracts, accrediting bodies and Maxim requirements
- May also serve as the Administrator as required by state regulation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Management, Communications, Public Relations, Healthcare Administration; or licensed RN
- Minimum of two years business development experience in healthcare preferred or other relevant business development experience
- Must meet all federal, state, and local requirements
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency and experience in public speaking
- Ability to work creatively, independently, and be self-motivated
- Frequent daily travel throughout the specific geographic area; overnight travel may be required (10% of time)
- Ability to effectively elicit from and provide information to all team members, caregivers and clients using strong communication skills
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We offer competitive pay, full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401(k), 529 college savings plan, basic life insurance with the option of supplemental, and 17 days paid time off in addition to holidays and two floating holidays.
* Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer