MaxCDN is seeking a senior level Network Architect to join our team in building the next generation CDN global network. This individual will help lead the design, implementation and support of a global network spanning across multiple datacenters and utilizing multiple peers.
Our ideal new team member should have extensive experience in implementation and support of an anycast based network utilizing BGP routing across multiple peers. He or she should be able to evaluate new technologies and vendors and assist in the design and implementation of additional network build out.
The ideal network professional should be open for travel as we evaluate new locations for our network and revisit existing locations to further strengthen our global presence. We need a strong team player who can think about network designs on a global scale, in a rapidly expanding environment, and do so quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
This position is located in our Los Angeles main office or our Las Vegas engineering office.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of network technology experience in a service provider or carrier network environment
- Strong ability to communicate and express ideas succinctly, and a willingness to argue in favor of or against different implementations.
- Experience architecting and engineering a global network with complex topology
- Strong background with Juniper, Arista and HP networking equipment
- CCNP/CCIE/JNCIE certification a strong plus
- Experience in hardware HTTP load balancers such as F5 BIG-IP or Netscaler and software balancers such as HAProxy or LVS
- Expert knowledge and experience with networking technologies including routing (BGP), switching (VLAN, LAG, MC-LAG), network service technology (mpBGP, EVPN, IP-VPN, VPLS)
- Knowledge in designing and implementing core network related application services including NTP, DNS and DHCP
- Expertise in implementation of QoS controls for the delivery of multiple data formats such as video
- Experience with IPv6 on a global scale
- Must have required government documents for necessary travel
- Experience with NANOG a plus
- Experience mitigating large scale DDoS attacks a plus