Warehouse Associate / Back Up Driver
Max Finkelstein, Inc. Randolph, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for a career with long term stability? Health and Medical Benefits? Paid Time Off? Annual increases? AND a Pension Plan?
Max Finkelstein, Inc. (MFI) is the largest independent tire distributor in the Northeast & mid-Atlantic, with 16 sales and distribution locations in 9 states, from Maine to Virginia. A family owned & operated business for 100 years, MFI continues to provide our customers with outstanding products & services, and our employees with long & satisfying careers.
We are seeking motivated candidates to join our Warehouse team. This exciting opportunity offers the ability to join of one the most successful, respected, and growing companies in the tire industry.
We are excited you are considering a career with MFI, and we look forward to receiving your application. The Warehouse Associate position will be responsible for picking product to fill orders; staging product for loading; physically moving and lifting product; organizing warehouse stock; assisting in periodic inventory counts; operating industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in a safe manner.
Job Responsibilities At-a-Glance:
• Load and unload delivery trucks
• Operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in a safe and efficient manner
• Operate RF scanners
• Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
• Assist in verifying all incoming and outgoing products for accuracy in terms of amount, size, type, informing management of inventory and supply shortages as well as assisting in actual periodic inventory counts
• Designate and organize the warehouse stock by product line and by physical alignment, allowing sufficient space for overflow
• Other duties that may be assigned by management, in its discretion.
Skills and Experience We Seek:
• A strong work ethic and initiative to learn and grow
• A positive and encouraging attitude
• Determination and ability to follow through; take responsibility for your actions
• Dedication to safety and compliance
• Time management and organizational skills
• Capability to ascend heights of up to 45 feet
• Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with team members
• Education: High school diploma or GED required
• Prior work experience desired, but if you show the aspiration to learn, we will provide the necessary training for a successful career with MFI.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear; the employee must occasionally lift products weighing up to 50 pounds; also handle tires weighing greater than 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually moderate.
What’s in It for You?
We are glad you asked. MFI takes pride in the comprehensive benefits package we offer to our employees including the following:
• Competitive salary
• Low Cost Union Medical Benefits (Healthcare, pension)
• Weekly pay
• Automatic increase after first 90 days and annually
• Opportunity for advancement
• Free uniforms, including weekly laundering at no expense to the employee
• New safety boots every year
• Paid Time Off
• Paid holidays (even your birthday)
• Overtime available
Max Finkelstein, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Max Finkelstein, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Max Finkelstein, Inc.