- Posted: over a month ago
Maveris exists to help organizations reach their fullest potential by providing thought leadership in IT and cyber. We are hiring multiple full-time, permanent candidates to support our large Federal Government customer in the architecture and management of their enterprise network. Selected candidates for this position will be capable of providing leadership in WAN evaluation and capacity planning and be comfortable communicating to senior leadership. This is a full time direct position with Maveris.
Candidates will work at a Washington, D.C. or Martinsburg, WV Federal Government customer location. Relocation assistance is available.
Veterans encouraged to apply.
Experience with some or all the following
- Experience in an enterprise environment involving network architecture and management
- Knowledge and understanding of Network management and application analysis tools is required (NetScout, SolarWinds and OpNet preferred)
- Experience with router and switch administration (Cisco experience preferred)
- Understanding of capacity management/planning techniques and processes
- Knowledge/understanding of carrier circuits to include, but not limited to OC3, DS3, T1, and Ethernet Transport Services.
- Ability to work across multiple projects; provide written/verbal status updates on each project on a regular basis to the team lead, Program Manager and customer
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP knowledge
- Knowledgeable with MPLS-VPN carrier offerings
- Knowledgeable of VoIP solutions
- Ability to interact with executive level staff
- Desire to learn new technologies and methods of data/voice communications
- IPv6 knowledge
- Experience with Riverbed/OpNet software suite
- Make architecture recommendations to support the growing needs of the customer based on new application deployments
- Provide recommendations for enterprise compatibility in the state-of-the-art network design lab
- Provide on-call escalation support if an issue arises that cannot be rectified by the network operations team
- Write white papers on new technology and how it will help support the mission of the customer
- Use existing Network Management tools to provide capacity management/utilization reports
- Associate's or Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Selected candidate will need to be able to successfully complete and obtain a Tier 4 High Background Investigation
- Duties may require traveling, being on call periodically, and occasionally working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Certifications: CCNA/CCNP or higher preferred
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cyber security challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Maveris