Cyber Defense Incident Response - Senior - 3rd Shift
- Expired: January 23, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Cyber Defense Incident Responder to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Cyber Defense Incident Responder will support the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC).
Hybrid remote work available for qualified candidates.
This position will be Third-Shift.
- Provide technical support for Plan of Action and Milestone process and remediation activities
- Avid learner with proven problem-solving abilities with a variety of technical controls.
- Ability to analyze log files, packets and other security tool records for a diverse variety of systems.
- Support the investigation of cybersecurity incidents, and other incidents as directed by senior personnel.
- Support the monitoring of cloud applications, the investigation of cybersecurity incidents, and other incidents as necessary.
- Assist in resolving complex problems using technical knowledge
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Provide technical support for Azure and Microsoft 365 endpoint.
- Provide 24x7x365 incident response support based on pre-defined response criteria
- Reports security events and incidents in support of US-CERT and/or OIG.
- Travel limited to about 10%
- B.S. in Cybersecurity (preferred)
- Security+ or CEH (preferred)
- 3+ years in a SOC environment, with 3+ years in an incident response role
- Splunk or SIEM experience (Carbon Black, ArcSight, QRadar, etc.)
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (EDR)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
- Ability to learn and function in multiple capacities and learn quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cyber security challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Get fresh Cyber Defense Incident Responder jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.