Business Analyst - Senior
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maveris is an IT and cybersecurity services company committed to helping organizations create secure digital solutions to accelerate their mission. We are Veteran-owned and proud to serve customers across the Federal Government and private sector. We have an opening for a full-time, permanent Senior Business Analyst to join our talented, dynamic team in support of a large Federal Government customer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position will support the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) by modernizing and standardizing HR information services to support a world-class workforce with the sole purpose of supporting our Nations Veterans. Current duty station is 100% remote, however, there is potential you will need to be available onsite in a hybrid capacity at a future date.
As a Senior Business Analyst supporting Maveris programs, you will be trusted to support business processes across the program. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Conduct pre-work to ensure understanding of all program business processes.
- Support the full lifecycle of eliciting, documenting and refining business requirements.
- Deconflict requirements and reconcile them with the business processes being supported.
- Make recommendations for phased development and prioritizing functionality.
- Work closely with product owners to capture and understand the impact of changes to policies.
- Assess impact to supported functionality and prioritize system updates, as well updates to all supporting documentation, job aids, and SOPs, coordinating with the SharePoint team to get updates posted.
- Provide surge support as needed across various projects on the Program.
- Support front office operations as needed to include but not limited to the following: coordinating document reviews, preparing documentation, scheduling and facilitating meetings, capturing meeting minutes and drafting agendas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cost Accounting or related scientific or technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience. Eight years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize competing requirements.
- Ability to understand and simplify customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate end user feedback to technical and design leads.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Self-starter who meets and exceeds deadlines and takes initiative.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience with SharePoint Online desired but not required.
Maveris attracts and retains talent of the highest caliber by offering opportunities to work in exciting and challenging environments surrounded by bright minds. Our employees are our most prized asset and are rewarded with highly competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Maveris offers exceptional, mission-focused solutions to organizations facing highly complex IT, digital, and cyber security challenges. Our success is achieved by maintaining an environment of trust where people are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Every candidate that applies to Maveris brings something unique to the table, and because our team is diverse, we consistently meet our goals and exceed client expectations. If you are a highly-motivated person with a willingness to learn, we invite you to apply today to join our team!
To learn more about employee benefits visit www.maveris.com.
For company updates and the latest job postings check us out on LinkedIn.
If you'd like to read about some of our research and projects head over to Maveris Labs.
Want a more behind the scenes view? Check out our blog Maveris Insights to learn more about the team behind the solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Maveris