Plus monthly bonus potential
Assistant Store Manager $14.50-$16 #419
Flexible Work Schedule!
The Assistant/Operations Manager assists the Store Director in maximizing sales and net profit through effective management, operational, and financial methods. The Operations Manager assists in training and certification of all Adventure Guides and the Lead Adventure Guide. While always ensuring company standards are upheld, the Operations Manager works with the Store Director to build, coach, manage and develop teams from a staffing, interviewing, hiring and training standpoint. Responsibilities also include providing prompt, efficient, effective and courteous quality service to the customer, as well as maintain the conditions of the store during the work shift up to the quality and safety standards set by the Company. The Operations Mgr can be called upon to assume Mgr responsibilities.
- Competitive wages
- Employee Referral Bonus New Program
- Team Climb Monthly Employee Bonus (up to $.75 more an hour)
- Earn PTO starting day one
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- $75 annual gym reimbursement
- 401k with company match
- $15,000 company paid life insurance
- Holiday Pay
- 50% discount on in store food/drink items purchased while on shift.
- Perform all duties of the Adventure Guide and Lead Adventure Guide
- Assists with the supervision and training of employees
- Provides professional leadership and experienced mentorship to store employees
- Takes action to ensure a highly satisfied, dedicated, and committed staff of employees
- Promotes excellent service; resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Ensures merchandise is available, stocked and attractively displayed, including pricing merchandise
- Spends time carrying out routine duties, including customer checkout, food preparation, cleaning, ordering, receiving, stocking, etc.
- Completes general reporting and bookkeeping responsibilities as required
- Supports effective store operations including, but not limited to, inventory and cash control, bank deposits, daily reports, staff meetings, work schedules, shift checkout procedures as well as food service quality, availability, appearance, efficiency of production, pulls, etc.
- Supports Store Director with inspection of store facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order, submitting reports or requests for repairs, maintenance and safety
- Safeguards and accounts for all money received and disbursed
- Posts advertising materials
- Prepares FRESCH food product assortment and stocking FRESCH food display items; maintain self-serve offerings (including, but not limited to coffee dispensers, fountain machine and condiment center)
- Follows city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations
- Ability to stand and/or walk for entire shift
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level
- Ability to bend at waist with some twisting during workday
- Ability to work with arms bent all day
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and/or crouch while working
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand truck)
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands throughout workday; requires hand-eye coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience preferred; experience in a convenience store environment a plus
- Deep understanding of food safety principles including FIFO, cross-contamination, and temperatures for storing, holding, reheating and serving safe food
- Local food handler permit, if required by store/county required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with basic computer skills
- Proven ability to stay calm and confident under pressure, while delivering extraordinary customer service
- Multitask, as well as prioritize and delegate activities as needed
- Treats others better than they expect to be treated
- Makes Maverik a great place to work by empowering your team while supporting Maverik's purpose and plans
- Makes Maverik a great operator for our customers by solving problems when you see them and keeping your team on track
- Makes Maverik a great growth company by coaching your team to be tomorrow's leaders and constantly looking for ways to do things better
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 320 stores in 12 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Inter-mountain West. Maverik currently employs nearly 6000 Adventure Guides and has ambitious growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure's First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.