$14.75-$15.75 Plus monthly bonus potential
Come help build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet! At Maverik, the Assistant Manager (Food Service) is directly responsible for the overall operation of the food service department. Your responsibilities include lead food service team and preparing and presenting food items for customers that consistently model Maverik's operational and quality expectations, and financial and operational performance of the food service department. While always ensuring company standards are upheld, you build, coach, lead and develop teams from a staffing, interviewing, hiring and training standpoint. You will ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations regarding food safety and sanitation. Make Maverik your next job adventure!
- Competitive wages
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Exciting Incentives - Team Climb Monthly Employee Bonus
- Paid vacation - Earn PTO starting day one!
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full time employees
- $75 annual gym reimbursement
- 401k with company match
- $15,000 company paid life insurance
- Holiday Pay
- 50% discount on in store food/drink items purchased while on shift.
- Leads the daily operation of the food service department
- Staffs department, including participating in interviewing, hiring and training food service employees in partnership with Store Manager
- Coaches, leads and develops team to ensure delivery of Maverik's culture, standards and operations
- Ensures daily communication with the Store Director to communicate and achieve the goals set for the store and the food service department
- Learns and develop expertise in key food service technologies, including ordering and management systems
- When necessary, handle guest complaints with a sense of urgency and good judgment
- Maintains the highest level of safety and cleanliness in the front and back kitchen areas at all times
- Keeps the kitchen and equipment clean and presentable; ensure all cleaning schedules are followed as directed
- Consistently follow all food safety procedures including, but not limited to, temperature logs, line checks, equipment cleaning, storage guidelines, glove use, hand washing, etc.
- Prepares and present food items quickly and efficiently while always adhering to Company standards
- Follow recipes and operating standards set forth by the Company
- Prepare and stock line stations sufficiently to ensure smooth service periods
- Monitors inventory levels and maintain accurate food ordering
- Ensures food is monitored for quality and rotated and stored properly
- Reduces waste and food cost by following standardized recipes, attention to portion control, maintaining appropriate levels of prep and stocking line stations according to policy
- Ability to stand and/or walk for entire shift
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level
- Ability to bend at waist with some twisting during workday
- Ability to work with arms bent all day
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and/or crouch while working
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand truck)
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands throughout workday; requires hand-eye coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Food service management/supervisor experience in a bakery or fast food environment
- Experience in a convenience store environment a plus
- Familiarity and experience with restaurant grade kitchen equipment such as knives, scales, speed ovens, turbo chefs, etc.
- Basic prep skills such as product assembly, portioning, knife use, dating, rotation and labeling
- Deep understanding of food safety principles including FIFO, cross-contamination, and temperatures for storing, holding, reheating and serving safe food
- Local food handler permit required, as well as ServSafe certification, or ability to become ServSafe certified within 30 days
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to read, write and converse in English
- Comprehensive time management skills; know how to work smarter, not harder
- Basic problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm and confident under pressure, while delivering extraordinary customer service
- Multitask, as well as prioritize and delegate activities as needed
- Treats others better than they expect to be treated
- Makes Maverik a great place to work by empowering your team while supporting Maverik's purpose and plans
- Makes Maverik a great operator for our customers by solving problems when you see them and keeping your team on track
- Makes Maverik a great growth company by coaching your team to be tomorrow's leaders and constantly looking for ways to do things better
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 330 stores in 11 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Inter-mountain West. Maverik currently employs nearly 6000 Adventure Guides and has ambitious growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure's First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.