Senior Accountant - Kirkland
- Expired: March 23, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Maverick we love the casino business, we love serving guests, and we love having fun together. We are looking for people, great people, that are ready to treat guests and each other with respect and make each day at work fun.
Maverick: Someone who plays by their own rules. /'mav(?)rik/ (noun)
Maverick Gaming is seeking a strong and experienced Senior Accountant to join our corporate Accounting team based in Kirkland, WA. This position will support Accounting and Finance by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, and month end closing activities, with the goal of producing accurate financial statements while adhering to appropriate internal controls and deadlines.
How You'll Succeed
In this role you will:
- Perform all functions in accordance with applicable GAAP, Washington State Gaming Commission, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Maverick policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely journal entries ensuring an accurate general ledger reflecting all internal, external and intercompany transactions for each business unit.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and bank accounts in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of Intercompany related party receivables and payables.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and reporting package for all Maverick managed business units.
- Assist in the coordination of and preparation for financial audits as required.
- Assist in the creation of budget reports and in preparation of annual budgets as required.
- Assist in the execution and implementation of various financial projects and system initiatives.
- Assist Accounting management as needed to complete ad-hoc projects, month-end and year-end reports across all Maverick managed business units.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Team Members, and Vendors.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in Accounting and Finance that includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from Accredited College or University.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of accounting experience in gaming/hospitality environment, or large regional CPA accounting firm, preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Familiarity with Shared Service general accounting processes.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and creative thinking aptitude in both an independent and team environment.
- Minimum 21 years old and have the ability to obtain appropriate gaming license if applicable.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, be well organized, and perform in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central or related Accounting system preferable.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, including Pivot Tables).
- Oracle POS PMS.
- 10-Key by touch.
Team members will enjoy:
- 80 hours Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Basic Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Career Development and Advanced Opportunities
- Team Member Referral program ($300 per team member referred!)
- And more!
Maverick Gaming, based in Kirkland, Washington, is a young gaming company with over 3,000 dedicated team members. Maverick Gaming owns and operates a portfolio of 31 properties across Nevada, Washington, and Colorado with over 1,800 slot machines, 350 table games, 1,020 hotel rooms, and 30 restaurants. Maverick Gaming is a proud employer of Teamsters Local 117 workers at its Washington locations as part of its commitment to providing sustainable, family-wage jobs that support economic opportunity in local communities.
Founded in 2017 by industry veterans Eric Persson and Justin Beltram, Maverick Gaming takes a bold approach to a classic pastime. With an all-star leadership team from some of the largest gaming brands spanning markets the world, Maverick is dedicated to delivering the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of player while enforcing strict problem gambling policies as a community partner. Created by gamblers, for gamblers.
Maverick Washington LLC
12530 NE 144th StKirkland, WA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Casino Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.