Candidates MUST be an experienced BA based in downtown Portland, Oregon with solid Mainframe and WMS (Warehouse Management System) project experience.
Job Title: Sr. Business System Analyst - Mainframe and WMS
Duration: 6-12 months (contract)
Location: Portland, Oregon
Key Skills: Mainframe, WMS, SDLC, DTNA, JCL & Technical Spec writing, Cobol: IMS online, transaction & DB2 processing, comfortable performing code reviews, validation of unit test results and coordination / verification of system test results
Our client (a global auto-manufacturing company) is seeking a Sr. Business System Analyst for 6-12-month contract with excellent chance to extend to another year.
This position is responsible for assembling and facilitating the review and approval of the business requirements. As Application Owner for a suite of software applications, the candidate will provide technical and systems development leadership in solving difficult technical challenges and implement the proper technologies to meet the business needs of the company.
Professionalism and strong communication skills are essential. Must be comfortable working under the pressure of delivering quality results with schedule deadlines and must have a proven track record in meeting schedule for tasks while still meeting or exceeding business requirements and goals. Must be able to work independently as well as with others on work tasks and must demonstrate initiative and the ability to self-manage time and work with minimal direction. It is essential to be able to work well within a team environment.
Application Design & Development:
· Actively work with customers to analyze business needs, gather and document business and system requirements
· Perform analysis and design on application projects
· Identify risks in proposed project designs
· Write detailed technical specifications for developers to follow
· Perform business process analysis
· Facilitate IT work estimates
· Document use cases and closely interact with developers and QA
· Facilitate test planning, execution and user testing
· Provide guidance and training to peers and to developers at lower levels
· Facilitate meetings and document outcome
· Perform technical training when necessary
· Develop and perform formal presentations when required
· Set technology direction in concert with IT standards
· Understand IT processes and work within designated guidelines
· Participate in the development and continuous improvement of BSA standards
· Perform Application Ownership Responsibilities
· Assess user needs
· Provide customer service in an advisory role
· Assist with user training as needed
· Troubleshoot application problems and propose optimal resolutions
· Responsible for optimization of system applications
· Provide best practices and application knowledge mentorship
Education and Qualifications Required:
Degrees required for this job: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science MIS, engineering, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university
Years of experience required for this job: 5 years of experience as a
Senior Business System Analyst.
· At least five years of BSA related experience with thorough working knowledge of SDLC, IT systems and various implementation methodologies.
· Mainframe and WMS (Warehouse Management System) project experience is required
· DTNA experience is very helpful
· Advanced technical proficiency in relevant operating systems, applications and languages.
· A proven ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
· Excellent customer service skills, oral and written (including technical writing) communication skills, and decision-making and problem-solving skills.
· A proven ability to work in cross-functional/matrix organization.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Visio.
· Ability to analyze and document business and system processes, multitask and handle ambiguity, and to take charge and lead tasks to completion.
· Experience writing Use Cases.
Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle and the ability to lead efforts in implementing life cycle practices.
Email your resume to: email@example.com
To learn more about Mavensoft visit us online at http://www.mavensoft.com/