Production / Operation Manager for Hydroponic and Organic Farm
Maui Greens Inc. is an Organic and Hydronic farm operating on the island of Maui. Maui Greens grows and distributes leafy green varieties to the local market, customers include Costco, Whole Foods, Safeway, and others.
Maui Greens is looking for a Production Manger that will be responsible for managing the labor and cultivation of plants in all facilities for commercial sale. The Production Manager will be the point of contact for upper management to track and understand all of the production operations. This includes, inventory management, the organization and management of production employees, packing fulfillment and delivery, and record keeping. This position relies heavily on operational and management abilities with a focus on continued development and improvement to current procedures.
The individual must have well established and exceptional interpersonal communication skills as they will be planning, training, coordinating, and verifying all department employees complete their daily goals. The production manager should have the ability to multitask, be self-motivating, work independently, welcome responsibility, and have a mindset to identify and propose improvements to the current operation. This position will require physical involvement where the manager will be completed some of labor tasks required in the department i.e. delivery driving, packing, etc.
· Guarantee that the production of all plants and products meet the company’s standard and quality.
· Responsible for all production related tasks completed in a timely manner.
· Supervise, organize, and direct the team of employees to accomplish the daily required tasks for any given day.
· Keep and record a variety of logs including but not limited to: inventory of materials and plants, pesticide application, seeding/planting/harvest records, etc.
· Inventory management and the submitting purchase order requests to maintain necessary amounts of materials required.
· Read and understand all department SOPs for the operation regardless of the task not being the manager’s direct responsibility.
· Make any recommendations to the operations procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· The management and scheduling of all employees.
· Resolve employee disputes.
· Coordinate effectively with other departments of the productions needs and goals.
· Management of labor resource to meet budgetary goals and improve on current operation.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to multitask and work independently in a dynamic environment.
· Clear and precise communication.
· Welcoming to responsibility and delegating tasks appropriately to a number of different employees.
· Strong organization skills and ability to track and record many different types of information.
· Eagerness and motivation to learn and potentially grow within the company.
· Confidence to approach confrontation.
· Ability to safely drive and operate a small box truck.
Required Technical Skills:
· Computer proficiency with: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook or similar email client.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Pesticide applicator license (can be obtained after hiring).
· Bachelor’s degree
· Two years of management/supervision experience.
· Ability to relocate to Maui, HI
· Flexible work schedule that could include some weekends.
· Understanding and experience with many different types of greenhouse and hydronic growing system.
· $50-65k/year (depending on qualifications)
· Equity in a growing company
· Healthcare Benefits
Job Type: Full-time