Global manufacturer with history of innovation and diversified portfolio of products is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to oversee team of 8 – 10 in Planning/Distribution This plant manufactures medical grade plastic film used to make bags for IV, blood and dialysis.
Required: Requires 4 year college degree, 5+ years of related experience, strong forecasting/planning experience and ERP implementation (they are in process of implementing bar coding system -QED)
Responsible for the management of the site supply chain. Oversees all daily receiving, shipping, warehousing and inventory control activities for finished goods and raw materials. Oversees internal flow of goods, production scheduling and production reporting.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Service to obtain key forecast inputs.
- Overviews all raw materials requirements, communicates to purchasing department to insure timely supply of raw and packaging materials.
- Overviews production scheduling that meet or exceed customer service level expectations while achieving maximum operating efficiency. Evaluate customers’ requirements, lead times, capacity and other factors in determining schedule.
- Develop new tools to improve efficiency within the production scheduling workflow. Insure that such tools developed provide an efficient material movement with purchasing, production and distribution.
- Coordinate with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carrying costs.
- Oversees all inventory and cycle counting for finished goods and raw materials. Assist department personnel in counting, entry and root cause analysis. Is responsible for implementing corrective measures.
- Oversees all daily receiving activities including tanker and railcar deliveries. This include the required sign offs required for the handling of tanker and rail car deliveries. Performs daily receiving in absence of materials coordinator which includes production and inbound receipts.
- Performs daily sales order shipping activities which include packing slips, order fulfillment/verification, certificates of compliance, truck scheduling and billing.
- Implements and develops processes and written procedures such as MOP’s and AOP’s. Insures process and procedures are followed and training is provided.
- Ensure department personnel are developed and cross-trained in order meet department’s daily responsibilities.
- Partnering with HR, develop, implement, and measure effectiveness of employee training programs.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are implemented and observed, and that equipment and work areas are neat, clean and well organized.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are implemented and followed.