A leading supplier of test equipment and diagnostic reporting for the automotive aftermarket, is seeking a SOFTWARE TEST /QA ANALYST to work along side company's development /engineering team
MIN SK: •Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in STEM field preferred.
• 1-3 Years’ experience in the software QA role.
•Experience with JIRA or equivalent issue management tool
• Conceptual knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies
The functions of the Quality Assurance (QA) Sofware Test engineer is to perform automated and manual QA tasks at the direction of the Director of Technical Serivces.
• Creating testing strategies, time estimates, and test plans for all software projects
• Create test cases and test scenarios for software and web applications.
• Provide input on requirements and advise resolutions on defects and enhancements.
• Offer solutions for complex test approaches and plans.
• Participates in requirements analysis, user story, and test case development/execution.
• Perform validation of all test cases and thoroughly document results
• Works with the Director of Technical Services, QA analyst(s), product manger, project manager, software team and other resources to get all the information necessary to fully test each deployment of both development and production releases
• Thoroughly document results of testing and offer resolutions for all reported defects and enhancements.
• Engage in during brainstorming sessions and offer test plans and solutions to complex applications.
Creates, Gather, and Improve Test Cases
• Create multiple test cases based on the objective and by reviewing requirements.
• Offer easy-to-understand test scenarios for QC and Software team to utilize during deployments. Perform Sprint Testing / Validation
• Swiftly but thoroughly perform testing on sprint deployments.
• Perform regression testing on sandbox and production environments.
• Document all details of testing to share with appropriate internal stakeholders • Include references (images/videos) with complex defect(s) and/or enhancement(s). Maintain Test Result Backlogs
• Develop and maintain a backlog of the results on applications such as Excel, JIRA, BugTracker, or Trello.
• Gather test results of other team members and merge into the test result backlog.
• Define issue types and severity based on user experience, objective, and timeline. Create Sprint Level Requirements
• Create software-oriented requirements based on defects (or enhancements) in the test result backlog.
• Document references (images/videos) and other elements to clearly outline the defect and corrective action. Cross-Platform Testing
• Tests across multiple platforms/devices, as necessary, to ensure consistent user experience across platforms. HOURS: 7-4 ENVIRONMENT & DRESS: Beautiful Office, business casual dress code, jeans Friday TESTING REQ: Drug and background