Our client (A large Private Accounting Firm) is seeking a Senior Accountant. Great benefits, Casual work environment, Gym Reimbursement and more! Salary: $120-130k
The qualified candidate should be a self-starter, resourceful, a problem-solver and possess a proficient grasp of GAAP accounting, along with a heightened awareness of the importance of client service.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide complete accounting services for a portfolio of clients.
- Record all financial transactions, ie receipts, disbursements, payroll, journal entries from source documents. Bank and credit card reconciliations and, if applicable to a specific client, oversee processing of bill pay, deposits, coordinate payroll runs, and other back-office functions.
- Analyze investments, insurance, purchases, contracts, etc.
- Prepare work papers, financial information, general ledgers, etc.
- Direct client and support staff contact.
- Be prepared to meet recurring deadlines.
- Assist in providing consulting services, ie accounting systems clean-up, budget/forecast analysis, on-site accounting support, internal controls design and implementation.
- Assume responsibility for larger projects and delegate to the staff accountants/intern as deemed necessary.
- Perform research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Supervise staff accountants/interns and provide on-the-job training.
- At least three (5) years experience in public accounting or senior accounting roles in private industry, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Master's degree in accounting or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Quickbooks Online is preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
- Must have a valid driver's license or the ability to travel (locally). Client on-site or other firm location visits are required.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and multi-task.
- Above average in utilizing power point and excel.
- Ability to speak foreign language is a plus.