Growing Technology leader develops and manufactures data acquisition systems and sensors to a broad spectrum of industries and clients including: NASCAR, NFL, Aerospace, Military, Automotive etc. Company is located in Orange county and is seeking to hire a Mechanical Design Engineer who has a background in electronic packaging and has worked in a hands-on machining environment. Great team, innovative products and a variety of interesting projects. Position is open due to growth – vacated by someone who was promoted.
Very tight technical team – very collaborative environment
REQUIREMENTS: 3+ years of ME design experience (NOT IN HVAC sector)- working with complex electro-mechanical devices. BS in Mechanical Engineering and background in CNC machining.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for performing a wide variety of mechanical design tasks, including but not limited to product design, prototyping, fabrication, product assembly, and manufacturing support
- Collaborates with Clients, Sales, Program Manager, Engineering Team and Technical
- Support to capture requirements for product design and custom projects
Assists Product Development with concept design of new products and custom projects
- Designs new products, custom projects, test and assembly fixtures, including industrial design of devices and panels as well as PCB dimensions
- Participates in selected projects from concept through completion to ensure customers receive the highest quality products possible
- Interfaces with Operations and Engineering to refine designs, work instructions and drawings for products.
- Machines prototypes or modifies stock when needed. Interacts with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly CNC Machining, 3D printing, fabrication, and assembly of enclosures, fixtures, tooling, and other custom parts
- Develops manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
Keeps accurate drawing numbers, revisions, and logs of all mechanical drawings Maintains a safe and organized work environment by following procedures, performing required equipment maintenance, and wearing appropriate PPE