Be a part of a Global Fortune 500 company that is seeking a Mobile Mapping Systems Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity with a very well-known and successful company with great benefits, growth opportunities, innovate products, and competitive compensation.
The primary purpose of this role is to oversee the development of new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances, with focus directed on High Precision Positioning Technology. This role will include technical sales presentations in the field of Mobile Mapping Systems.
The successful candidate for this position will work with engineering and sales teams in Japan and the USA and the ideal candidate is highly motivated and willing to learn about and experiment with new products and concepts.
• 5+ years of Mobile Mapping systems and application experience and understanding from a technical standpoint.
• BS Engineering or a related Technical Degree preferred .
• Excellent people and presentation skills required.
• Experience working in international organization a plus.
• Experience with business development and establishing strong business relationships preferred.
• Experience with procurement operations and sales operations is a plus.
• Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint for presentation and Excel.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities, develops strategic direction from market information, and creates compelling, solution-based market analysis presentations.
• Oversees the development of strategic vision, strategies, and tactics to support sales in designated market segments; identifies volume and strategic customers; and develops partnerships to drive results.
• Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of strategic objectives.
• Collaborates closely with various functional departments in the US and Japan.
• Establishes and expands the sales channel helping customers to fully understand and utilize the performance capabilities.
• Leads simultaneous projects across multiple functional business areas to meet on time completion targets and budget requirements.
• Experience with MMS systems such as: TomTom, Garmin, Google Maps, and Trimble in related industries for example: Farming, Trucking, Shipping, and Automotive.
• Arrangement of products field demonstration (MMS, AQLOC and mapping S/W etc.) with the ability to create technical reports.
• Understanding customer's demand and proposing further development ideas/insights for the engineering team in Japan.
• High motivation to work in international business with a technologically advanced Japanese company doing business in the US in commercial and government marketplaces.
• Must be able to travel up to 30% to suppliers and/or customers throughout North America.
• Experience with HPP products
• Attend various sales meetings, training sessions, trade shows, etc.
*Candidates throughout the US will be considered.