Seeking a Senior/Lead Internal Auditor for a large and very stable publicly traded manufacturing company. Must have 3+ years of relevant internal audit experience either corporate or public accounting and well versed in SOX testing. CPA,CIA, or CISA certifications highly preferred.
As a member of the Corporate Internal Audit Team, the Internal Audit Lead will perform an important role in leading and performing financial and operational reviews and various value-add projects under the direction of internal audit management. The Internal Audit Lead will be responsible for assisting Internal Audit management with project planning, execution, and reporting.
The following are the primary responsibilities for the position:
- Under the direction of Internal Audit management, lead the planning, testing and reporting for various operational audits in accordance with professional and department standards.
- Perform testing of certain company key controls over financial reporting for SOX 404 requirements.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as requested by management.
- Work closely with the company’s external auditors and third party service providers.
- Review work performed by other team members where applicable and provide guidance to ensure conclusions are properly supported and work product meets department guidelines.
- Ensure assignments are completed within established time frames and that delays/issues/concerns are communicated to Internal Audit management on a timely basis.
- Partner with process owners to promote and support a culture of continuous process improvement and efficiency driving toward standardized practices.
- Stay abreast of audit and accounting standards and emerging issues in the areas applicable to the company.
- Obtain and maintain a general understanding of business activities, objectives, applicable laws, regulations, and associated risks to the company and industry.
- Undergraduate Degree required. Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Possession of or working towards a professional certification a plus (CIA, CISA, CPA, etc.).
- Three or more years of audit related experience, (internal audit, compliance or public accounting). Operational audit experience a plus.
- Sarbanes-Oxley or similar controls testing experience required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
Mattson Resources-Ryan Ruvolo