Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, S.C., a growing national subrogation and litigation firm with offices in Hartford, WI; New Orleans, LA; Santa Ana, CA; and Austin, TX, is seeking a reliable and proactive Paralegal to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Hartford, WI. Candidate must be detail-oriented and comfortable with handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities to include providing legal support to attorneys by conducting research, organizing files, and maintaining law office records for files, cases, and clients. This position is also responsible for handling pre-suit subrogation cases nationwide. Strong communication skills are necessary as this position has close contact with counsel and clients across the country. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in civil litigation, particularly with respect to reviewing insurance claims files, assembling, and preparing damages supports for property losses.
Paralegal Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Court civil procedure.
- Mediation preparation for property damage and defense medical records a strong plus.
- Must be able to handle deadlines and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and work overtime if needed.
- Must be a team player where no task is too small or unimportant when working on projects.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with a knowledge of document/case management and timekeeping software, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Share File and PACER is a strong plus.
Salary is negotiable, health/dental insurance provided, 401(k) with employer match
Matthiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, S.C.
Why Work Here?A full range of insurance services are offered by the experienced attorneys at MWL, including exceptional and knowledgeable representation in the areas of subrogation, civil litigation defense, workers’ compensation defense, insurance coverage, and defense of product liability claims with a focus on Asian manufacturers.
Family-oriented, growing law firm with four locations!