Certified Pharmacy Technician CPhT
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center has an exciting opportunity available for a skilled, resourceful and motivated individual who would like to make a difference in the lives of others in helping a non-for-profit organization fulfill its mission to provide quality health care. Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Prepare medication and other healthcare products for patients
- Check the queue from the previous day, trouble-shoot and resolve any prescription problems.
- Monitor and accurately record the temperature of the pharmacy refrigerator twice daily.
- Balance the pharmacy cash drawer two to three times daily.
- Ensure all prescriptions are complete as they are received in the pharmacy, (i.e. Provider’s signature, date, DEA number – if a controlled substance, etc.)
- Thorough verification of patient prescription information followed by accurate data entry into pharmacy system (i.e. allergies, etc.)
- Receive and store incoming medication and supplies.
- Verify stock and maintain inventory records.
- Close out and complete the daily cash log for the pharmacist’s review at the end of the day.
- Responsible for the maintenance of patient confidentiality and adherence to Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Measure dosage of medications, according to prescription orders
- Process prescriptions using computer software
- Label and record dosage information
- Monitor storage and inventory of medications and supplies
Graduation from a Certified Pharmacy Technician program is required.
Current Pharmacy Technician licensure in State of Tennessee and must be maintained throughout employment
Current Pharmacy Technician Certification and must be maintained throughout employment
Two years of hospital or retail pharmacy experience required
Bilingual (ability to speak Spanish preferred.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of medication and dosage measurements.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health CenterWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, phenomenal benefits and great organizational culture!
1035 14th Avenue North NashvilleNashville, TN