- Assists dentist, sets up equipment, prepares patients' for treatment, and keeps records.
- Prepares patient, sterilizes or disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Takes and records patients medical and dental histories and vital signs.
- Assists dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Orders and monitors dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricates temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts.
- Cleans and polishes removable appliances.
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- Critical thinking