Social Media Customer Service & Community Management Specialist
Matter Providence, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
Social Media Customer Service & Community Management Specialist - Boston or Newburyport, MA or Providence, RI
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, healthcare, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients' worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing an inclusive, team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We work with people we like and can learn from, making our jobs a positive aspect of a balanced life. At Matter, we prioritize employee diversity, equity and inclusion and value everyone’s unique story. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We’re currently looking for a social media community manager/customer service person to join our Boston or Newburyport, MA or Providence, RI team.
Day to day, you will:
- Take the lead on monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels for our client, responding to customer comments/questions to encourage a higher level of engagement
- Escalate customer comments/questions as needed, involving resources from the Matter team and our client company to head off crises
- Stay current on social media trends and provide recommendations on approaches to improve community engagement
- Get to know our client’s business and core customers, exercising the ability to think on your feet and make sound judgment calls that align with the brand, escalation and customer service policies
- Be the eyes and ears of the brand as if your own reputation depended on it
- Be comfortable with risk management and with interfacing with legal, crisis and other issues
Along with attention to detail, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant business experience
- 3+ years’ of professional experience with at least 2+ years working in a social media community management capacity and/or crisis management or customer service capacity
- In-depth knowledge of and enthusiasm for social media
- Demonstrated awareness of social media trends/developments and how those can be implemented to improve community engagement/customer service
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Matter