PR Account Manager (Tech)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PR Account Manager (Tech)- Hybrid from Providence, RI.
Matter Communications is an independent and thriving integrated PR, social media and creative services firm focused on what matters most: our people, our clients and our results. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse technology and consumer industries. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can deliver smart and insightful counsel, along with the program execution, that generates results. We've built and nurtured a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. While we're serious about what we do, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We’re proud to have won a number of awards as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US.
We’re currently looking for a creative, results-focused Account Manager to join our Precision PR team, who will take a lead role in managing client PR programs through traditional and social media channels.
Here’s a mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Develop and execute a broad range of proactive PR and social media strategies/programs for assigned clients, identifying opportunities to build clients’ visibility in media outlets (print, broadcast, radio, blogs, other social media) that reach their targeted consumers and business communities
- Develop and implement public relation activities including new product introductions, product reviews, analyst relations, awards and speaker’ bureau opportunities
- Become an expert on your clients’ business and the competitive landscape. Provide strategic recommendations and creative ideas for clients on an ongoing basis; proactively identifies and addresses clients’ needs
- Ensure the account team is effectively executing on the client’s program, meeting defined deliverables, and delivering excellent client service
- Build strong client relations at senior levels, identifies and troubleshoots issues and challenges as they relate to client satisfaction and overall program success
- Manage account teams in the execution of all programs and assume accountability for meeting all program deliverables. Act as mentor and coach for team members, taking an active role in their professional development
- Manage budget and allocation of staff resources
- Actively participate in new business: Identifies opportunities to upsell and grow the account; brings in new business opportunities through own network, experience and meet established revenue goals; generates new business pitch decks with strategic, creative thinking; contributes meaningfully to RFPs; and plays a key role in a new business meeting and/or messaging and positioning session
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 6+ years’ experience in public relations and/or media relations is required.
- Previous agency experience is required, and B2B/B2C tech exposure is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large retainer clients as well as managing sizeable account teams
- Ability to conceive and oversee the implementation of overall communication programs as well as targeted product launches, announcements, strategies, message development and corporate positioning
- A demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable PR and social media programs for multiple clients
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously
- A creative and results-oriented approach to all work that is produced
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, blog posts, byline articles, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
Why Matter? A healthy culture requires healthy, happy people. That’s why Matter goes above and beyond to provide exceptional benefits, fun bonuses, and culture perks to our workforce. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Comprehensive time-off plan (including holiday, PTO and sick time)
- Floating wellness day
- Floating holiday
- Birthdays off
- Freeze Fridays (clock off at 2:00pm every Friday)
- Annual paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s
- 401(k) plan
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time through our Helping Hands initiative
- Employee referral program (get a $$ bonus for each referral we hire)
- Matter Wellness program, featuring extracurricular activities and interoffice competitions
- Office exchange program
- Trainings and educational programs including a mentorship program for junior employees
- Exceptional company culture, monthly FUN events in all offices, and surprise rewards throughout the year
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Matter