Mattel Franklin, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Sales Manager is part of the American Girl Nashville retail store management team.Job Description
The Opportunity: The American Girl Nashville retail store is currently seeking a passionate Retail Sales Manager who can be innovative and thrive in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Managing daily retail operations to meet revenue, service, and expense goals.
• Provide sales floor leadership to ensure a friendly, positive, and professional work environment for both customers and employees at all times.
• Manage staff of 10-15 employees including Sales Supervisors, Sales Associates, and other retail team members.
• Ensure the delivery of exceptional service by all retail associates at all times.
• Hire, train, and develop employees. Foster a productive and harmonious work environment.
• Analyze business. Work with internal operations and visual partners in the assessment of business performance and development of plans to ensure business success.
• Execute all job functions in accordance with established American Girl processes and policies.
What We’re Looking For:
• 2 to 4 years experience managing a team of 10 or more employees in a retail setting required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-developed computer skills essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Work schedule requires evening and weekend work.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
RetailView all jobs at Mattel