Requisition Number: 192109
Location: Mattel-San Bernardino Dist Ctr
Job Description: Mattel, Inc. is seeking a Security Officer (temporary) for our San Bernardino location. The Security Officer will provide a safe and secure workplace for employees, vendors and visitors while protecting the company assets. Note that this is a temporary/seasonal position.
The Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Protect property against fire, theft and damage.
- Data entry of vehicles entering property.
- Detailed incident report writing.
- Enforce security regulations and restrictions relative to company operations
- Respond to all emergencies and take appropriate action until emergency services arrives.
- Perform hourly rounds of the facility
- Access control of all Mattel buildings
- Manage and report security/safety incidents to management to ensure proper documentation and follow-up.
Zip Code: 92408
Posting Title: Security Officer (Temporary Position)
Experience, Education & Skills:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or more year's experience working as a Security Officer in a corporate, law enforcement or military environment is a plus.
- CPR certification
- Guard Card desired
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business policies, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Good Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, clients, customers and the general public.
- Basic computer knowledge - (Word and Excel)
- Solid basic math skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Contractor/Temporary
Job Category: Security
About Us: ABOUT US
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, American Girl, Fisher-Price, Thomas & Friends and MEGA, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, ga