The Project Coordinator will be primarily responsible for assisting the Project Manager and completing smaller projects within the customer’s schedule, communicating changes internally and externally, planning the coordination/execution of all applicable services, and program reporting. This position will require knowledge of project management, Commercial Flooring projects/programs, customer service, order preparation, and installation services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Administrative support for Project Manager.
- Communication of job status updates in a timely fashion to team & management.
- Implementing and following differing processes for multiple customers/programs while staying organized and on-task.
- Customer Service
- Executing quotes and orders via the ERP software.
- Providing professional customer service and communications in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Inventory management
- Consistently review inventory levels for each individual program, making certain that considering lead times and established projections material will be available to meet program expectations.
- Installation coordination
- Work with installation personnel internally and externally to be prepared to quote labor for different types of applications.
- Track installation schedules ensuring that installations are completed at committed to dates and times and that customer expectations are fully met.
- Complete all upfront and closeout installation paperwork.
- Work with the Accounting Department to ensure that installers are compensated and the customers are billed for the service.
- Provide timely communications throughout project to client and project team.
- Provide single point of contact for and coordinate with client and project team.
- Project Management/Reporting
- Utilizing the ERP project management function as well as Excel, track projections for material needs, installation dates, material specifications, and contact details.
- Be available after normal work hours, as needed, for support of on-site installers.
- Review and approve invoices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and work well with all levels of management and staff in a professional manner.
- Detail oriented, accurate, highly organized with exceptional follow through.
- Flexible/adapts easily to changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and recognize critical/time-sensitive information from the flow of routine information.
- Ability to participate and work in a team environment as well as work independently with limited direction.
- Ability to assist in supervising site installation, including performance of work, installation administration and timeliness of task completion.
- 1-3 years of experience in the Commercial Flooring and/or construction industry preferred.
- Ability to read architectural plans.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee should anticipate the following requirements essential for this position; including:
- The ability to communicate orally with others. (Co-workers, management, customers, vendors).
- Regular use of a telephone and e-mail for company communication.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Good manual dexterity for the use of office equipment and tools.
- Specific vision abilities including; close, distant, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Sitting or Standing for extended periods (up to 75%).