Matrix Parent Network has provided support to parents and families with children with special needs since 1983. Matrix is present in 4 counties (Napa, Solano, Sonoma, and Marin) and provides various forms of support to parents, including a parent call-center that provides support to parents in need, workshops and training that is provided in each county (English and Spanish), handouts and packets to provide information and education, and supporting parents and families during IEP meetings. We are excited about the opportunities to expand our support and services to parents and families with children with special needs.
The Development Director is primarily responsible for maintaining frequent contact with major donors, eliciting donations from major donors, building relationships with potential donors and fundraising partners, ensuring marketing efforts are accurate and timely, planning and executing special events and fundraising activities, and seeking additional opportunities for grants, contracts, and donations. This position is part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work collaboratively with grant writer, communications and media coordinator, and Senior Leadership Team
- Regular emails, newsletters, phone calls, and thank you notes sent to major donors to maintain contact and strong relationships
- Planning, coordinating, and executing special events and fundraisers
- Maintaining and updating contact lists/information of donors, including important notes regarding donor preferences and interests
- Maintaining and updating Development Calendar, and ensuring the agency meets critical deadlines
- This is a critical position to ensure fundraising and events continue in an efficient way. Although it is not a supervisory position, as the agency grows and expands, there will be opportunities for growth and expansion of this position.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA Required
- 2+ years of experience with fundraising, cultivating relationships with donors, and executing special events preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with teams in a non-profit or community-based setting preferred
Benefits and Perks
- $25-$29 hourly, 20-24 hours per week
- Medical Benefits
- Vacation and Sick Time