We are seeking a Per Diem Nurse Practitioner - NP- Home Assessments to become a part of our team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
The Flex Provider provides clinical assessment and care to assigned patients including assessments of health plan members in their homes and in facilities. The responsibilities include: adult/geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, medication reconciliation, diagnosis, and health education. Additionally, patient education, communication to the PCP, follow-up facilitated with the PCP, and case management referrals may also be part of any assessment. Clear documentation according to Matrix Medical Network (MMN) guidelines and protocols is required.
Flex Providers will use previously acquired skills, education, medical training and experience as a medical professional in performing assessments. In the performance of the assessments, patient safety and well‐being is of the highest priority. Flex Providers are expected to maintain MMN standards for quality and customer service. Accordingly, the assessments performed by the Flex Provider will be performed in accordance with currently approved and generally accepted professional medical standards and with MMN policies and procedures. From time to time, MMN will provide to Flex Providers copies of those policies and procedures.
Other clinical care services may be required within the NP scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs in-depth health risk assessments on all assigned members in patient homes or facilities
- Works collaboratively with physicians, case managers, social workers, family members, key care givers and any appropriate ancillary medical personnel as appropriate
- Responsible for identifying overall quality improvement activities through assessing and planning health care which is individualized to the member and consistent with Matrix Medical Network policies and protocols
- Reviews and interprets the medical and social history of members
- Performs appropriate screening procedures for members
- Interprets laboratory data, recommends appropriate follow-up, reconciles medications
- Refers members to PCP, case management and disease management programs as necessary.
- Maintains positive control of all PHI information
- Works closely with others within Matrix to create an effective and productive schedule
- Is compliant with Matrix training/education requirements, OSHA, State Board of Nursing and other regulatory programs; seeks guidance for compliance-related concerns and adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and Matrix Medical Network policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
FLEX PROVIDER REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate computer skills, including use of e-mail and Microsoft office word and excel
- Must be able to demonstrate effective written communication skills including but not limited to writing reports and correspondence
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal communication skills, including but not limited to speaking effectively to members, providers, families and staff and listening to members, providers and families
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and use time effectively and efficiently. Concentrates efforts on priorities
- Demonstrated successful experience working in an environment of change. Effectively copes with change and uncertainty; responds and “shifts gears” comfortably
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both external and internal customers, acts with customers in mind
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, and gain their trust and respect
- Uses logical methods to solve problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious for solutions
- Is action oriented and sees challenges as opportunities
Baseline Clinical Knowledge
- Proven ability to perform comprehensive, adult/geriatric physical exam
- Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and document chronic disease in adults
- Demonstrated ability to recognize conditions, characteristics, and behaviors that place seniors at risk
- Proven ability to pursue feedback, continuing education and professional development
- Ability to effectively reconcile medications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and document the needs of clinically complex patients
Pertinent Clinical Work Experience which is relevant to Matrix
· Must have a minimum of one (1) year clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or physician in adult, acute care, adult-gerontology, family medicine, or geriatric setting, hospice, or home care plus for NPs, three (3) to five (5) years relevant RN experience or two (2) to (3) years NP experience in acute care, adult, adult-gerontology, family, or geriatric medicine.
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
· Master’s Degree required OR commensurate experience and satisfactory completion of NP licensure
· Current Registered Nurse (RN) and NP licensure in state of practice
· Board certification by American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Nurses Credentialing Center, or American Association of Critical Care Nurses, as an Acute Care, Adult, Adult-Gerontology, Family, or Geriatric NP OR
All Providers must have:
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, including Adult, Child, and Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Travel Requirements: Travel required
· Must meet company driving standards
· Must have valid state driver license and be able to drive a car
- Must meet company’s automobile liability insurance standards and provide proof of coverage
- Must be able to travel by public transportation, and airplanes
- Must be able to independently travel to assigned locations
Physical and Psychological Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling and/or stretching from seated or standing positions
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate medical equipment, computer tablet, computer keyboard, telephone, copier, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust visual focus, hearing and smelling
- Must be able to communicate information via telephone or computer
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity of the job
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to observe and comply with “Universal Precautions” for blood-borne pathogens and body fluids
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Flex Provider encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Flex Provider is occasionally exposed to variable temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, smoke, pets, blood and other body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The time will be split between administrative and clinical duties based on the needs of Matrix Medical Network.
Matrix Medical Network
Why Work Here?Matrix Medical Network is the leading provider of in-home and facility community-based care management services and is in the process of revolutionizing health-care solutions. Matrix was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, with regional offices in Largo. Matrix has a national clinical organization which provides high-touch, in-home and mobile clinic care to help health plans balance cost and revenue, grow membership and improve the quality of care. After nearly doubling in size in recent years, Matrix continues to be well- positioned for continued expansion.
Great opportunity to grow your career and make an impact at a dynamic health-care company!