The Marketing & Communications Specialist plays a creative role in developing and implementing our internal corporate communications strategies, content and materials for a variety of projects across the organization. This position will also play a role in the planning, developing and releasing of external company communications. The Specialist takes a lead role in planning, coordinating and executing the company’s industry trade shows and conference sponsorships.
The Specialist will build and strengthen strong and positive relationships between Matrix Medical Network and its key internal and external stakeholders, through consistent use of best-practice interpersonal, marketing, and communication tools. This person will have strong skills in the field of communications, media relations, conference & meeting planning, digital (web and social media), and ensures a consistent voice and messaging in all communications.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, and distributing internal communications as needed.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of external communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products.
- Partner with appropriate departments to assist in the design of communications such as presentations, marketing media, event support materials, surveys and brochures.
- Manage and execute major industry trade show and conference plans; including presentations, exhibit booth logistics, and overall Matrix attendance and participation. Will also provide post-event reporting and analysis.
- Write, design and manage external presentations and/or content; including webinars, speaking events, client presentations and proposals.
- Limited work on content, implementation and maintenance of company’s social media activities including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other channels.
- Proofread text and layout of internal and external communications.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of our company website and intranet.
- Partner cross-functionally in the development and design of communications such as internal or external video or audio messages, presentations, marketing media, event support materials and brochures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (or a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or closely related field)
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, public relations or communications
- Knowledge of email marketing software (e.g. Constant Contact) and online survey software (e.g. Survey Gizmo)
- Demonstrated writing ability that has produced high quality, creative corporate content
- Experience with the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of multiple projects and/or programs
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations, developing communications for cross-functional audiences
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills
- Ability to present to large & small audiences
- Understanding of current social media trends and how to use them to recruit active and passive candidates
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be required.
Work Conditions: General office environment.