The Matrix Medical Network (MMN) Information Security (MMN-IS) group's objective is to protect MMN data resources from internal and external cyber-security related threats by implementing industry-accepted security practices throughout the organization including planning, implementation, management, and operations. Looking for enthusiastic, action-oriented team members who will thrive in our fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The Information Security Analyst supports operations of enterprise security through policy, security event monitoring, management and response, assisting in the selection and implementation of appropriate security solutions, and other tasks as assigned by the Head of Information Security. This role is interfaces with peers in information security, systems and network groups, as well as with the leaders of the business units to both share the corporate security vision and influence involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and cooperation.
Applicants: Please note that this is an in-office position, and we would prefer local candidates who are able to start relatively quickly.
- This person will be primarily responsible for security event monitoring, management and response.
- Ensures incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring.
- Revises and develops processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework.
- Performs threat management, threat modeling, threat vector identification and develops use cases for security monitoring.
- Responsible for the completion of post-mortem analysis, documentation of findings and provides recommendations to the appropriate security and infrastructure teams.
- Refines the processes that enable events to quickly and accurately be classified, prioritized and escalated appropriately when necessary.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for Security Operations.
- Responsible for writing Security Operations policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years in an Information Technology role
- 2 years demonstrated detailed analysis in an Information Security role
- 2 years demonstrated enterprise networking experience in an Information Security role
- Experience in common commercial products (AlienVault, Splunk, LogRhythm, ArcSight, Qradar, Intel Security, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, incident management, etc.
- Specific experience in operational management of a robust information security environment with practical working knowledge of Security Operations
- Proficient in Incident Management and Response
- Knowledge of various operating systems
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards, and documentation
- Experience with providing overall direction during execution of the incident response process, providing advanced analysis and detection
- Excellent analytical, continuous improvement, problem- solving, communication, and Interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge and experience with MS office, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Excel
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience in fast-paced highly- regulated environments such as healthcare or financial is a plus